Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stretch Mark Preventer


Since I am well on my way to baby number 5 (yes 5!! - crazy I know!!), I am using this little concoction every day on my ever expanding belly.  I got the recipe from my cousin who, after three kids, can still wear a bikini with not a single stretch mark to be seen.  I have used this during all my pregnancies and have been happy with it as well.  I'm not sure if it really works, or if we can just thank good genetics, but I'm not taking any chances.

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 c. aloe vera gel
6 capsules vitamin E (I just prick them with a pin and then squeeze the liquid out)
2 capsules vitamin A (I never have these on hand, so I leave them out)
Blend together and store in fridge.

I usually double this recipe and then keep a large jar in my refrigerator.  Since I don't like to trudge out to the fridge every time that I want to apply this, I keep a smaller container of it in my bathroom.  It tends to separate a little, so I just give it a good shake and then apply.  Caution!  This can be a little greasy and messy, so be careful as you apply it, and watch what you set your container on.  Otherwise, I hope you enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...