Thursday, May 5, 2011

Baby, Baby, Baby

 With our fifth baby boy making an appearance soon, I have been pretty busy with making baby stuff.  When I had my fourth boy I did not plan on having any more kids, so I gave pretty much everything away.  This resulted in the necessity of making new baby stuff for this little guy.  I have had a lot of fun with these cute little things though.  The picture above is of a little quilt I pieced a long time ago.  I finally decided to finish it up to use as a play mat for the baby.  My husband thinks it is a pretty crazy quilt, and I guess I agree, but I still like it.

 Since this baby is coming in the summer, I decided that I didn't want double sided flannel receiving blankets.  I feel they are just too heavy in the heat of the summer, but I still like to cover my baby up with something when he is napping.  I made these single sided receiving blankets and just bound them with binding that I made from fabric I had on hand.

 This blanket is a little larger.  It is flannel on one side and soft minky on the other.  I think it will be perfect when the weather starts to cool down.

 This cute little crunchy tag toy was made from scraps I had on hand.  I got the idea from one of my favorite blogs, A Feathered Nest.  You can find her tutorial here.  I made a few changes to fit my preferences, but the method is the same.

 The back of the tag toy.  Some soft flannel and minky, to keep the textures interesting.

 I thought this diaper holder and changing pad was one of the best ideas I have seen in a long time and I had to have one for this baby.  I found the idea and tutorial at another one of my favorite blogs, Cluck, Cluck, Sew.  You can find it here.

 Such a great idea.  How many times have I wished for something like this when changing my baby someplace other than home.  Love it!!

 I ran onto a bunch of old white onesies that I had used for my other boys.  Luckily, I had not trashed these yet, but they were looking a little worse for wear.  Since all of my other tiny baby clothes had been relegated to the trash or other homes, I decided to dye these old stained onesies and give them simple appliques.  Now these old onesies have a new life and my new baby will have a few things to wear.

More recycled onesies.

I am so excited for this new little one to come and start using all of these cute things - but he can't come yet.  I still have plenty of other things I still need to make for him, and I have some definite cleaning and rearranging to do in my house before he comes.   So for now.  I will just enjoy looking at them and keep plugging away at my "to do" list.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...