Friday, May 6, 2011

A Quilt for Me

Since I have all boys, it has been hard for me to give myself permission to have anything too girly around the house.  It always made me a little sad when I saw these cute, feminine fabric lines come out and I felt that since my house was so full of boys, I needed to stay away.  Finally last year, I told myself to stop being ridiculous and just make a few quilts for me.  This was the first one I pieced - just simple squares.  There are a few mistakes (I am still learning) but I love the fabrics and I love how fresh and happy it looks.  The quilt top has been pieced for a long time, but I finally got around to quilting and binding it.  This was my first experience with straight line quilting and I LOVE how it turned out.


I included this picture because you can see the quilting quite a bit better.  I am so happy with how this quilt turned out and now it is sitting in my family room.  It makes me smile every time I look at it, and I wonder why I didn't let myself do something like this sooner.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...