Friday, October 7, 2011

No Sew Christmas Tree Skirt


 Every year I have planned to make a cute pieced Christmas Tree Skirt out of cute Christmas fabric.  Every year, the Christmas season comes and goes without me accomplishing my plan, so we just end up with this ugly glittery thing that looks like a piece of batting wrapped around the base of our tree.  This year, I was determined to make a Christmas tree skirt, but decided I had better get real.  With everything else I have going on there is no way I would have time to piece the skirt of my dreams together until after the holiday season is long gone.  So, when I ran onto this tutorial on how to make a no sew Christmas tree skirt I was elated.  This was definitely something I could accomplish.  I made a few changes to her instructions, like doing an embroidery stitch with my machine around the edges of the skirt and sewing on ribbon closures rather than using stick-on velcro (so, I guess my skirt isn't completely no-sew).  I am so happy with how my cute christmas tree skirt turned out and I am especially happy that it is done with two months to spare!  So, If you are interested in a cute, easy, and fast handmade Christmas tree skirt, I highly suggest you check out the tutorial at modern kiddo.


The embroidery detail on the scalloped edges. 



The ribbon closures

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...