Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Quilts for my boys


I made quilts for most of my boys for Christmas this year.  I did not make one for my baby because I already made one for him earlier this year.  I also did not make one for my oldest boy because I have plans to make a quilt for him for a special day he has coming up this year.  I will be blogging about the quilts I made for the others over the next few days.

Today, I am going to start with the quilt I made for my husband.  He told me that he didn't care what it looked like as long as it had something soft on the back.  It was nice to have his permission to make this one a bit more girly.  It didn't want it to look too feminine though so I decided on using Hometown by Moda.  I made this with a layer cake, two charm packs and this tutorial.  It is backed with cream minky with brown circles.  He loves it.  I did the straight line quilting myself on my machine. This quilt is large and I will never attempt to quilt such a large one on my machine again. It was tough.    Here are a couple of close up shots.




   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...