Wednesday, February 29, 2012

100 projects

I started this blog for a lot of reasons.  I didn't care if anyone ever read it, and in fact, have never told a soul about it.  It was a sort of journal for me.  When I found out I was having my fifth boy, and therefore, would never have a daughter, I was heartbroken.  Not because I did not love or want my sweet boy - but because there was so much that I wanted to pass on to the next generation, that, let's face it, most boys just do not care about.  You know the old saying "He who has sons, never dies."  I feel it is the same with women and daughters.  Of course my influence on my boys is profound, and I take it very seriously, but their dad is their true mentor.  So much of what I do in life to create a home and life experience for my boys, so many of the skills I have honed through my life will die with me.  There will be no one who will want to learn these things from me.  There will be no one I can mentor to be a good wife, mom, homemaker and woman.
One day as I was thinking about these things, I thought alot about my grandmothers.  How I wished I would have asked them more about how they managed their homes and families while their kids were growing.  How I would love to read some kind of record of their day to day doings, and things they worked on for their kids and to make their house a home.  So, I figured, I might someday have a granddaughter who will be interested in reading and seeing some of my day to day life as I am raising my boys.  Maybe not - but it makes me feel better to think about it anyway.  So, I started this blog as a way to record some of these things.  However, time has become scarce.  Raising 5 young boys takes a lot.  So, before I give up on this blog entirely.  I want to try one last thing that will hopefully motivate me to get on here and write.

I have a huge mental list of all sorts of projects I want and need to complete.  Today, I am starting a list of those projects on my sidebar and my plan is to blog about the projects that I complete, or the progress I am making on my projects, at least three times a week.  Hopefully this plan will keep me a little more accountable.  I am really looking forward to documenting my progress on this list.  Right now the list only consists of about 50 projects, but I know I will be adding to it all the time and will have no trouble reaching the full 100.  Sooooo, starting next week, The 100 projects project begins here at enjoyable endeavors. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...