Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Delicious Granola


This granola recipe is the one that my mom made for us while we were growing up.  I love it and I love the fact that it is pretty healthy, with no refined sugar and lots of grains. 


Delicious Granola

Spread 4 cups rolled oats on ungreased sheet cake pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Stir in:
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped (any nut will do.  I used a combination of almonds and peanuts in this batch, but I have also used cashews)
3/4 cup wheat germ
Then add:
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup oil (try to use something that is heart healthy, but light in flavor)
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix until dry ingredients are well coated.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, stirring occassionally to brown evenly.
Stir in: 1 cup dried fruit (I used dried cranberries, but any type of dried fruit will work nicely.)
Store in an airtight container.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...