Easy Cheese Danish


My husband had his birthday recently.  Every year he requests these for breakfast.  They are not healthy in the least, but they are delicious, and so I figure a little splurge on his birthday is ok.


I have to admit, I accept a little help from the store with these, by using store-bought puff pastry.  I have not yet been brave enough to make my own puff pastry, and I doubt I could call these "Easy Cheese Danish" if I did make the pastry from scratch.


A simple cream cheese filling is made and put atop the puff pastry.  The pastry is wrapped up over the filling, brushed with egg wash, and baked to crispy, flaky, deliciousness.

Once cool, the Danishes are drizzled with a glaze made from powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice.  


The cream cheese filling is made even better due to the addition of lemon zest.  Between the zest in the filling and the fresh lemon juice in the glaze, if you are a fan of lemon, you will be pleased with the hint of lemon zing in the background of these pastries.

These Cheese Danishes are so delicious.  Try them soon.  You will thank me!

Perfect and Easy Cheese Danish!



So good!