Friday, August 10, 2012

No Bake Cookies


These are the no-bake cookies that I grew up on, and honestly, no other has ever compared to them in my opinion. These are chocolatey and chewy without ever getting grainy. I love them. To me, they are the perfect no-bake.

We have have enjoyed these several times this summer. It is nice to make a cookie that doesn't require turning on the oven. Plus, we just keep these puppies right in the refrigerator, so they are always cold and perfect for a hot summer day.


No Bake Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla (I like to add 2 tsps.)
1 cup coconut
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal

Method:
Combine sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk in saucepan and bring to boil. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Drop by teaspoon (I use my 1 tsp cookie scoop - so easy) on wax paper while still hot. Cool completely before serving. Makes about 3 dozen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...