Tuesday's Tip - How to Remove Adhesive from Baby Food Jars


Baby Food jars are so cute and there are so many ways to repurpose them, but the adhesive on them can be a real pain to remove.  I have tried to removed the sticky glue with several different kinds of stinky, chemical filled adhesive removers, but I am never very happy with the result.  Then, one day, I discovered that you can use canola oil to remove the glue.  No joke!!


Just rub some canola oil on that pesky adhesive and let it sit for a few minutes, then take a terrycloth cleaning rag and put a liberal amount of canola oil on one of the corners.  Use that corner to rub on the adhesive and it will come off.  I won't lie, it will still take a little elbow grease, but it works just as well (or better) as any of the adhesive removers I tried.  Plus, I am not breathing in any chemicals while I work. 

After you have rubbed off the adhesive, just wash the oil off with some dishsoap, rinse, and dry the jar.  It will be clean and ready for whatever you have planned for it.

Perfect!