Friday, May 3, 2013

Chocolate Oatmeal Chewies



I originally found this recipe for these chewy, chocolatey, oatmeal cookies in a Betty Crocker cookbook that I received as a wedding gift.  I have adapted the recipe over the years to be a bit more to my liking.  I don't make these cookies often, because it is impossible for me to stop at just one (or two, or three...), so when I made them today, I decided the recipe had to be shared.


Chocolate Oatmeal Chewies
Adapted from Betty Crocker Cookbook Bridal Edition
Click here for a printable version of this recipe

Ingredients:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter - softened
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
2 2/3 cups quick oats

Method:
Heat oven to 350.  Beat butter, sugars, milk, egg, cocoa powder, soda, salt and vanilla for at least 5 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl occassionally.  Add flour and oats and stir to combine.  Drop by tsp onto ungreased baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Cool 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to cooling rack.

Try to stop at just one. :)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...