Blogger's Quilt Festival - The 1+2 Quilt


I have blogged about this quilt in the past, but I wanted to talk about it again and share a few more tidbits about it because:

1)  I love it!!

2)  I want to share it at the Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side.

This quilt was made for my son to celebrate his baptism into our church and his 8th birthday.  I had originally pieced another quilt for him and didn't like it.  I ran onto this fantastic (and free) quilt pattern at Samelia's Mum and was so grateful.  I was able to piece it quickly and I love how it turned out.  The fabrics are from several different lines. 


I decided to make this quilt throw size rather than twin size, so I reduced it to 6 columns and 7 rows.  I backed it with white minky and quilted it in straight lines.  The final dimensions (after washing) are 54" x 62".


My son absolutely loves his quilt and so do I.