Tuesday's Tip - Stirring Natural Peanut Butter


I love natural peanut butter, but I don't love stirring it.  See that layer of oil on the top?  Stirring that back into the thicker peanut butter that has settled below it is a necessary evil.  If you eat natural peanut butter you know what I am talking about.

Before I learned this little trick, I always just took a large knife or spoon and did the best I could to stir the peanut butter together, but I always made a mess and I never did  a great job.  The top of the jar was still a little loose and oily and the bottom of the jar had peanut butter that was so thick I could hardly use it.

One day, while on Instagram, I saw this little tip given by SimpleHealthyLiving.  It was one of those moments for me that I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of this idea myself.  It is so smart.


Just dump the entire jar of peanut butter in your mixer.  Scrape it out well, so you are sure to get everything.



Beat the peanut butter together in your mixer until everything is evenly incorporated.  I used my Kitchenaid.  She does two jars at a time in her Bosch mixer.

Put the peanut butter back in the jar and store it in the refrigerator.

Since I have started doing this, my peanut butter is always the same consistency, and we haven't had any trouble with it separating again once it is in the refrigerator.

I hope this little tip works as well for you as it has for me.

**I am not being paid by Adams for featuring their peanut butter.  It is just one of several brands that I have tried and liked, and happened to be the one that I had on hand this time around.