Organized Kitchen Drawers

I am popping in to share a bank of my kitchen drawers that I have finally gotten around to straightening up.  One of the best things about my new kitchen is my lower cabinets are mostly made up of drawers rather than cupboards.  I love how easy it is to get to everything, and that I never have to unload an entire cupboard to get to something in the very back.

Today, I am sharing the bank of drawers that is to the left of my sink.  The top drawer is shallow and then there are two deep drawers below it.


The top drawer hold dishtowels and dishrags.  These are hard working rags, and it looks like it may be about time for some replacements.  I didn't change anything in this drawer.  It usually looks like this.

The next two drawers are a different story . . .


The next drawer down holds our water bottles.  This may seem like overkill, but with five boys playing sports, we have multiple practices and games each week.  So, we use most of these bottles on a weekly basis.  As you can tell, this drawer was a complete mess.


It didn't take long to separate the lids and containerize them and then I just straightened up the bottles. It looks way better and works more efficiently too.


The bottom drawer was a mess of containers that I use for leftovers, and school lunches.


Again, I found a container to house all the lids, and then I took out some containers that I don't really use and straightened up the rest.  It didn't take long, but I feel so much better every time I open this drawer.

I will be back soon to share another section of newly organized kitchen.