Daybooking

Hello!  It's been awhile.  My kids are back in school now, and my baby just started first grade, so I am now officially without kids for the whole school day. (We have half-day kindergarten in our district- which I loved!)  I am so sad to be done with the portion of my life where I had my little ones at home with me during the day, but I am excited for how well my kids are doing, and I look forward to seeing all of the wonderful things they do with their lives. 

Having said that, I am looking forward to spending a lot more time on my blog.  I can't promise awesome professional content,  that has never been my goal with this blog.  I want this blog to be what I always envisioned it being, a daybook, or journal, of the domestic things I do. 

So, here is my most recent daybook entry, of some of the things that have been keeping me busy since my boys went back to school last week.


Homemade waffles using this recipe.  I made a big batch, and what my boys didn't eat, I put in freezer bags for a quick breakfast on hectic mornings.



I made these delicious cookies as an after school treat for my boys after their first day.


I came up with a new simplified chore system for my boys.  They are so busy during the year with school, homework, sports, music, etc., that I wanted something a little simpler than what I expect from them during the summer.


Every night they pick a stick from the can, and that is what they do for chores the next day.  Crossing my fingers that it continues to work well.


I hate to leave this post with such an ugly picture, but I have been working on a few more projects, including this one, that I will be sharing soon.  I am taking advantage of some of my kid-free hours to whip this house back into shape.